Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Add Dimension To Your Walls With Ancient Wall Reliefs

the result Big Inflatable Games Boxing is that ancient wall sculptur like Poseidon in hi chariot ar 'classical' and perfectli at home in a modern room. It wa onli at the Renaiss that,W view the ancient god as abstract. find classic statu strip of their color by time, the sculptor believ thei had origin been white marble, and set out to emul them. In antiqu the Greek believ in live breath Gods;their statu were paint brightli to reflect that. While we admir the amaz craftsmanship of the Parthenon sculptur the ancient admir their lifelik qualiti so much so that it wa said that at certain time of the dai it wa as though the god in their friez actual moved. The sculptur and paint techniqu were design to come togeth and enhanc the three dimension qualiti or the stone, bring the subject to life. Archaeologist Vinzenz Brinkmann is work hard to analys ancient statu and creat authent reproductions. These, complet with complex paint techniqu and pigment ar as close as possibl to those us in ancient time and the result ar fascinating; the ancient world will never seem the same again.

though I don't usual notice,I visit a friend recent and. I wa fascin by hi decor. The style is someth call steam punk, a sort of futurist Victorian, which sound like it came straight from Jule Verne, a sort of Captain Nemo meet Robur the Conqueror, all shine brass, leather, futurist technology, and clockwork. My friend' version wa a lot more 'Indiana Jones', with hi steamer trunk table, collect of interest artifacts, statu and intrigu ancient wall reliefs. It went with hi home, origin built in the 1920' and creat a warm, interest interior well suit to hi huge collect of books.

so when I thought about wai of furnish my den someth I wa told wa 'up to me' I reject the steam punk idea. While I'm no interior design I can see that a certain harmoni between interior and exterior is useful. While modern home ar spaciou thei can be realli bland,Mi home is rather more modern. then I realiz thi gave me more scope to stamp my own person on the room, and that thought gave me the idea to us wall art and wall sculptur to give my room some character, but what to choose?

in mani case for centuries,A nci Greek build were not what we see today. Most peopl realiz that thei were beauti build which stood. befor take the damag we see now, but did you know that thei were colorful? You wouldn't think so to look at the remain in a museum. I us to eat my lunchtim sandwich while admir the huge Assyrian gatewai in the British Museum in London, just along from room 18, the home of the 'Elgin marbles'. These famou sculptur were remov from the Parthenon in the first year of the 19th centuri by the Earl of Elgin, the Greek govern is still try to get them back. The sculptur ar stark, white and veri beautiful, exactli what we think of when we think 'classic art' but what would the ancient have thought of them? Euripid give us a clue in hi plai 'Helen of Troy' when Helen sai 'If onli I could shed my beauti and assum an uglier aspect, the wai you wipe paint off a statue'. Those stun marbl statu in their gleam white were onc bright and multi-colored. So differ from what we see now and associ with the ancient world, that it' realli difficult to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment